Ok, let's get one thing straight, people...
When I first had sushi, it was with my best friend at this epic-ally fancy shmancy restaurant, and to be honest, I was too sleepy that day to really understand what happened at all... why I was sleepy, I don't remember >...>
I'm quite lucky I didn't end up with my face in my lentil soup... no, that happened after I finished the soup ^^;
Still, I didn't actually like sushi when I first ate it.
Yeah, I know, I know. I shocked myself.
So it actually surprised me when I ate it quite recently (and recent being... three months ago), and found that I liked it. Which makes perfect sense since I got Maki combo, really *drools*
I did end up trying others later in the year, but I guess... liking sushi made me feel all Japanese like, and that just inspired me to try out more Japanese cuisine. The omurice, and onigiri, I've made in the past year. And trust me when I say this, it's goooooood!
How could anyone not like this? Right? Right?
So, really, sushi just made me feel closer to the Japanese culture, and that is a really good thing for me. I doubt anyone would fully enjoy the cuisine or anime without being remotely interested in the culture anyway.
Wish me luck, guys! I'm going to re-start my Japanese lessons seriously by today, and I'm pretty sure that I won't do well without inspiration :P
Hoppe you guys look forward to my next post!: What I Love to do in my Free Time!
No comments:
Post a Comment